Tor.com has recently published a list of films and TV shows that are in development and will hopefully be released in the next couple of years. These stories are those that have historically been in “the nerd” genre of shows. The list is chock full of great stories and I’m excited for all of them to hopefully come to fruition. Over the last few years, these types of shows have been prevalent in the movie theaters and on TV. Movie studios and actors have started to really gravitate towards producing these stories as of late.
Because these shows are very lucrative and make a lot of money. But this money doesn’t come from a select few, they come from the everyday TV watcher and movie goer. These stories are being consumed by everyone, no longer the stereotypical 1980’s Revenge of the Nerds fan. That stereotype is long gone, but yet still seems to persist in our minds.
Nowadays, people just want to see a good story filled with drama, action, relationships, and good character development. Whether that is in a courtroom, at the fire station, in space, in Westeros or Gotham, or on another planet, as long as it’s good and entertaining; people will watch it.
So welcome to all of you non-nerds, because it’s a good time to be a nerd.
Join the Credulous Nerds as we review Iron Man 3 and talk about this billion dollar follow up movie to the highly successful Avengers film. Does it live up to the hype and is it a worthy addition to close out the Iron Man Trilogy?
Listen as The Credulous Nerds review The Avengers, the 6th movie in our Marvel Avenger’s Re-Watch series! We break down this first movie that finally brings all these great characters together and we see how the Avengers are formed!
Finally some recent news about a Wheel of Time TV series!
Buried in an article talking about another series of books (Culture by Ian Banks) that are in development for a TV show, Deadline.com reports that Amazon Studios is developing other TV series’ and one of them is the Wheel of Time TV series.
As part of the effort, Amazon made a mega deal for a Lord Of the Rings TV series and is developing a slew of high-profile titles, including The Dark Tower, Wheel of Time, Ringworld, Lazarus and Snow Crash.
I’d heard about the Lord of the Rings TV series that Amazon had paid a lot of money for, but this is the first announcement about a Wheel of Time TV series in a while. Plus they are looking at a TV series for The Dark Tower! How amazing would this be! The Lord of the Rings, The Wheel of Time, and The Dark Tower all on TV on a regular basis! That’s some DEFINITELY must see TV!
Hopefully these plans come to fruition and we get more announcements in the near future.
USA Today breaks the first image of Braniac and how he will be portrayed in the upcoming SyFy series ‘Krypton’. Take a look!
Star Wars Episode 8: The Last Jedi is coming to home video on March 13th, 2018! This release will be on digital download. Then on March 27th, 2018, The Last Jedi will be released on Blu-Ray, and 4K Ultra Blu-Ray.
If you plan on ordering a copy from Amazon, please support Random Angst Productions and click on the pre-order/order links below!
Here’s the release trailer for the home video release:
The latest film in the Star Wars saga is coming home. Star Wars: The Last Jedi will arrive, it was announced today, on Digital (in HD and 4K Ultra HD) and via Movies Anywhere on March 13, and on Blu-ray 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray, and On-Demand on March 27. And along with the number one movie of 2017 comes a galaxy of bonus features, including The Director and the Jedi — an intimate journey into the creation of Star Wars: The Last Jedi with writer-director Rian Johnson — as well as 14 deleted scenes, an audio commentary, and much more. The full list includes*:
- The Director and the Jedi – Go deep behind the scenes with writer-director Rian Johnson on an intimate and personal journey through the production of the movie—and experience what it’s like to helm a global franchise and cultural phenomenon.
- Balance of the Force – Explore the mythology of the Force and why Rian Johnson chose to interpret its role in such a unique way.
- Scene Breakdowns
- Lighting the Spark: Creating the Space Battle – Get a close-up look at the epic space battle, from the sounds that help propel the action, through the practical and visual effects, to the characters who bring it all to life.
- Snoke and Mirrors – Motion capture and Star Wars collide as the filmmakers take us through the detailed process of creating the movie’s malevolent master villain.
- Showdown on Crait – Break down everything that went into creating the stunning world seen in the movie’s final confrontation, including the interplay between real-word locations and visual effects, reimagining the walkers, designing the crystal foxes, and much more.
- Andy Serkis Live! (One Night Only) – Writer-director Rian Johnson presents two exclusive sequences from the movie featuring Andy Serkis’ riveting, raw on-set performance before his digital makeover into Snoke.
- Deleted Scenes – With an introduction and optional commentary by writer-director Rian Johnson.
- Audio Commentary – View the movie with in-depth feature audio commentary by writer-director Rian Johnson.
* Digital bonus offerings may vary by retailer.
Star Wars: The Last Jedi will come in a variety of packages, including the Multi-screen Edition (includes Blu-ray and a Digital copy), the 4K Ultra HD Collector’s Edition (including 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray, and a Digital copy), and Best Buy and Target retailer exclusives. The 4K Ultra HD version features the extraordinary color, contrast, and brightness of Dolby Vision High Dynamic Range, paired with fully immersive picture and sound with Dolby Atmos audio.
I’ll be buying the Steelbook exclusive version from Best Buy to go with my other Star Wars Episodes 1-7 and Rogue One Steelbook collection.
Random Angst discusses The Middle Earth Saga! In this third and final episode of The Hobbit Trilogy we talk about The Hobbit Chapter 3 – The Battle of the Five Armies. Marc and Justin are again joined by a special guest host – Kimball. Join us as we analyze this third film in the Middle Earth Saga! We wrap up this trilogy and talk about our likes and dislikes of this final movie.
Which fandom/universe if your favorite? Which one do you secretly love?
Is there one you constantly find yourself going back to for the nostalgia factor? Is there one that no matter what happens, it’ll be your favorite until the end?
Is there one not pictured here, and how old is it?
Join the Credulous Nerds, Justin and Marc, for the Random Angst podcast Episode 18. We talk about the many movie trailers that have been released over the past couple of weeks. We talk about the trailers for Solo, Jurassic World 2, The Avenger’s Infinity War, Venom and more! We spend some time talking about the upcoming Marvel movies for 2018 and which one’s were most excited for. So join us as we talk anything and everything nerdy!
Join the Credulous Nerds, Justin and Marc, as Random Angst reviews Thor, the 5th movie in our Marvel Avenger’s Re-Watch series! Listen in as we break down this otherworldly Asgaardian adventure, and how Random Angst believes this is one of the better MCU movies.