The Credulous Nerds, Marc and Justin, discuss Ant-Man and his origin story. We see how Scott Lang went from dead beat dad to an Avenger! *OK, not technically an Avenger yet, but he fought an Avenger and won!
We talk about how Ant-Man is different but the same as other origin stories, and how it’s one of our favorite Avenger films.
Listen in as The Credulous Nerds sit down for a nerdy conversation with best-selling author, Michaelbrent Collings! We discuss his career and the many novels he has written and why he tends to gravitate towards the horror genre. We talk all kinds of nerdy franchises, Star Wars, Star Trek – films and TV, DC films, and the Wheel of Time. Check him out on writteninsomnia.com and you can support him on Patreon too!
You can listen in on SoundCloud.com or on Anchor.fm! All of our podcasts can be found at Patreon.com, on iTunes, and on Stitcher.
Check out our review and re-cap of Avengers: Age of Ultron. Join the Credulous Nerds, Marc and Justin, as we break down the second Avengers film and how it advances the overall story and prepares us for Avengers: Infinity War! We discuss “Who is Ultron?” We also break down Captain America and Iron Man’s agendas for world peace.
Join The Credulous Nerds, Marc and Justin, as they discuss Captain America: The Winter Soldier! It is one of the better Avenger films and is a breath of fresh air after Iron Man 3 and Thor: The Dark World. The Russo Brothers delivered with their first Marvel film!
Watch this teaser trailer for Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald with The Credulous Nerds here on RandomAngst.com!
Tor.com has recently published a list of films and TV shows that are in development and will hopefully be released in the next couple of years. These stories are those that have historically been in “the nerd” genre of shows. The list is chock full of great stories and I’m excited for all of them to hopefully come to fruition. Over the last few years, these types of shows have been prevalent in the movie theaters and on TV. Movie studios and actors have started to really gravitate towards producing these stories as of late.
Because these shows are very lucrative and make a lot of money. But this money doesn’t come from a select few, they come from the everyday TV watcher and movie goer. These stories are being consumed by everyone, no longer the stereotypical 1980’s Revenge of the Nerds fan. That stereotype is long gone, but yet still seems to persist in our minds.
Nowadays, people just want to see a good story filled with drama, action, relationships, and good character development. Whether that is in a courtroom, at the fire station, in space, in Westeros or Gotham, or on another planet, as long as it’s good and entertaining; people will watch it.
So welcome to all of you non-nerds, because it’s a good time to be a nerd.
Star Wars Episode 8: The Last Jedi is coming to home video on March 13th, 2018! This release will be on digital download. Then on March 27th, 2018, The Last Jedi will be released on Blu-Ray, and 4K Ultra Blu-Ray.
If you plan on ordering a copy from Amazon, please support Random Angst Productions and click on the pre-order/order links below!
Here’s the release trailer for the home video release:
The latest film in the Star Wars saga is coming home. Star Wars: The Last Jedi will arrive, it was announced today, on Digital (in HD and 4K Ultra HD) and via Movies Anywhere on March 13, and on Blu-ray 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray, and On-Demand on March 27. And along with the number one movie of 2017 comes a galaxy of bonus features, including The Director and the Jedi — an intimate journey into the creation of Star Wars: The Last Jedi with writer-director Rian Johnson — as well as 14 deleted scenes, an audio commentary, and much more. The full list includes*:
- The Director and the Jedi – Go deep behind the scenes with writer-director Rian Johnson on an intimate and personal journey through the production of the movie—and experience what it’s like to helm a global franchise and cultural phenomenon.
- Balance of the Force – Explore the mythology of the Force and why Rian Johnson chose to interpret its role in such a unique way.
- Scene Breakdowns
- Lighting the Spark: Creating the Space Battle – Get a close-up look at the epic space battle, from the sounds that help propel the action, through the practical and visual effects, to the characters who bring it all to life.
- Snoke and Mirrors – Motion capture and Star Wars collide as the filmmakers take us through the detailed process of creating the movie’s malevolent master villain.
- Showdown on Crait – Break down everything that went into creating the stunning world seen in the movie’s final confrontation, including the interplay between real-word locations and visual effects, reimagining the walkers, designing the crystal foxes, and much more.
- Andy Serkis Live! (One Night Only) – Writer-director Rian Johnson presents two exclusive sequences from the movie featuring Andy Serkis’ riveting, raw on-set performance before his digital makeover into Snoke.
- Deleted Scenes – With an introduction and optional commentary by writer-director Rian Johnson.
- Audio Commentary – View the movie with in-depth feature audio commentary by writer-director Rian Johnson.
* Digital bonus offerings may vary by retailer.
Star Wars: The Last Jedi will come in a variety of packages, including the Multi-screen Edition (includes Blu-ray and a Digital copy), the 4K Ultra HD Collector’s Edition (including 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray, and a Digital copy), and Best Buy and Target retailer exclusives. The 4K Ultra HD version features the extraordinary color, contrast, and brightness of Dolby Vision High Dynamic Range, paired with fully immersive picture and sound with Dolby Atmos audio.
I’ll be buying the Steelbook exclusive version from Best Buy to go with my other Star Wars Episodes 1-7 and Rogue One Steelbook collection.
Join the Credulous Nerds, Justin and Marc, for the Random Angst podcast Episode 18. We talk about the many movie trailers that have been released over the past couple of weeks. We talk about the trailers for Solo, Jurassic World 2, The Avenger’s Infinity War, Venom and more! We spend some time talking about the upcoming Marvel movies for 2018 and which one’s were most excited for. So join us as we talk anything and everything nerdy!
Episode 17 covers the latest movie news from Indiana Jones 5 to Fantastic Beasts 2: The Crimes of Grindewald, and Shazam to Antman and The Wasp! We talk TV shows as well, such as The Runaways and Colony Season 2. We briefly cover The Dresden Files books 4-6. So join Random Angst and your hosts – The Credulous Nerds, Justin and Marc, as we talk anything and everything nerdy!
Listen in on this third episode of our Marvel Avengers Re-Watch as we discuss The Incredible Hulk. We debate whether Bruce Banner and The Hulk are two different beings or two halves of a whole. Which Hulk is the better Hulk? The Hulk from this film or the Avenger’s Hulk? We talk about why Abomination is stronger than The Hulk and what makes them different.